Sunday, July 26, 2009

Odds and Ends

Now that the Defender ensemble is complete I am finishing up the canister straps on the Underground Explorer. This is the last thing I have to do to complete all four pieces going to the Oxford exhibition.


Here is the leather bottom with black wave trim to match the helm. Straps will be attached so that the oxygen canister can be carried on the back or over the shoulders. A final photo shoot with model will follow.




I am also working on a leather top hat. It will be a bit unusual (of course), and here is the first paper prototype to test the patterns. It's a bit too tall, I'm thinking. I've also been planning and sketching my next steampunk helmet and mask. I have one more good idea, and I'm hoping this next one will turn out as nicely as the Defender.

No comments:

Post a Comment